Monday, April 7, 2014

How to Make a Spring Daffodil Tree

Hi everyone!

Sometimes you just need a pop of Spring and what better flower to use than daffodils! This is a simple and easy tutorial on how to create a daffodil tree.

projects 2010 00411

You don’t need much to make them:

Dollar store daffodils

a foam cone

pair of snips

The amount of daffodils depends on the size of cone you use. I used a large one and it took about 5 bunches of daffodils from the Dollar Tree.

Snip all the daffodils from the bunch. Leave about an inch of the stem to be able to shove into the cone.

Start at the bottom and start filling in. It’s that easy. I didn’t glue it and it is fine (I made mine about 4 years ago).

projects 2010 00211

Just keep working your way up until the cone is covered. That’s it!

projects 2010 006

You can just place it on the table as is or use different pedestals. You can change the base whenever you want. It is just sitting in it.

projects 2010 00411

Pin It
You can choose any flower you want. I think this would be really cute in white Shasta Daisies as well!

So are you ready to add a pop of Spring?

I’m joining:

Inspire Me Tuesday

You’re Gonna Love it Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. Get outa town! This is simply adorable and I definitely need some more pops of color for Easter. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diann...That is adorable. Love it. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Diann! I have made similar trees using hydrangeas. The daffodils are nice and bright for this time of year. Thanks for sharing with us and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. LOVE it. I'd do daisies or black-eyed-susans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Diann!!! And easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea. What yells spring better. Just perfect for a spring Easter dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and so easy to make!! Pinning to my DIY board. Thanks for stopping by Fantastic Friday. I was busy following you on Bloglovin when I saw this :-) Shirley from Intelligent Domestications.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)