Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday # 99

Hi Friends!

happythumb

I like to help the Easter Bunny save money whenever I can. He has been kind to me in the past so, it’s the least I can do!

2013-02-22 16_04_30

So, when I stopped at a local Goodwill and saw a few dollar store Easter items I know will be used by Mr. Bunny at a reduced price, although they were still brand new, I bought a few.

IMG_5501

IMG_5502

IMG_5503

Brand new Easter grass for a quarter a bag. I got 4 different colors for the price of one bag at the dollar store.

IMG_5504

IMG_5505

I bought two bags of two different size plastic Easter eggs for .50 cents each. So, that ended up being a “Two-fer” instead of $1.00 each at the dollar store.

IMG_5506

IMG_5508

I picked up this cute little Easter basket. it was marked $1.00 but, all red stickers were half off so, I paid .50 cents for it.

That was my big shopping trip to Goodwill. I spent $2.50 for 7 items. Not bad!

There were several blogs that linked up last week that I was not able to leave a comment on. For whatever reason, your blog would not allow me to leave a comment. I did visit everyone who linked up last week so, if there is no comment, I am sorry but, I was there! Smile

Now, let me see your thriftiness for the week!

18 comments:

  1. I love Goodwill :-) What great prices yours has Diann! Ours up the price on seasonal items :-( My eyes are getting old, I don't see the linky tool? I'll check back later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Goodwill too. We had a new one open up in the next town over. No Easter stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at GW yesterday & ours had a nice selection of those same Easter items. Nice to find seasonal NEW items there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there lovely lady...happy Thursday / Friday and thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodwill is my favorite store!!! Yours has some good prices! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any finds in my post were thrifted, no garage sales this season. Thanks for hosting, glad I could join in. Have a good week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting. I added a 'thrifting site', the ocean when I gather sea weed for fertilizer. I garden, carpenter and currently am working way up north in a construction camp, home every third week. Good job, very glad to be working but love getting home too. Have a great week.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diann!
    Your local Goddwill store looks like fun! Thank you so much for hostng this great party! Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some great Easter bunny items!! I will have a post tomorrow. I did go to the thrift shop today but didn't get a photo of what I bought yet.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great buys for Easter and new in the package. Can't beat that. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing price you paid for all that. You should be able to make some lovely Easter things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did good! I need to decorate for Easter before it's come and gone! Thanks for the party! Hope you're having a happy day! This week's Homemaking Linkup is up and I would love to have you join, if you haven’t already.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our goodwill store is getting much better however I would love to visit the Seattle Washington GW seems like there is treasure galore there

    The prices you paid for the Easter items is what I like to pay also

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're such a good girl helping the Easter bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hard to think Easter with the snow falling since yesterday! I wish it wasn't so close to St. Patrick's, like to spread out the decorating!

    Thanks for hosting! I guess I should start about filling those 100 eggs for the kids to find on Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Makes me want to go find neat treasures!! Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great deals ! I have plenty to use for Spring/Easter decor this year, I just need to get it out and do something with it all.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)