Saturday, March 2, 2013

Simple St. Paddy’s Day

Hi friends!

St. Patrick’s Day is approaching and Easter is right on it’s heels this year!

I really like to decorate for each holiday, even the smaller ones like St. Patrick's Day. It’s just fun to have an excuse to add a little change here and there.

For small holidays like St. Patrick's Day, my decorating budget is very low. This year is is a whopping $5.00. I know, I‘m going all out aren't I?! LOL

I decided this year to use what I had in the theme of green and white with a little gold thrown in here and there. So, my $5.00 will be just a few little dollar store things that I can throw out after the holiday if I want to and not take up any more room to be stored.

So, things are low key and simple around Casa Chaos for St. Paddy’s Day this year.

I actually bought 4 Dollar Store Items…

IMG_5485

Window clings…because it is mandatory for every holiday here!

IMG_5484

A fun whimsical free standing Shamrock

IMG_5483

A package of paper plates for a fun St. Paddy’s Day table.

IMG_5482

A package of Shamrocks just to scatter throughout the white, green and gold d├ęcor.

So, let’s look around shall we?

IMG_5486

A green and cream checked cloth napkin along with my stripped down green and white tabletop topiary and a white ironstone tureen.

IMG_5488 My small white tureen on the wall shelf.

IMG_5490

Another wall shelf. This glass candle holder is actually holding one of those gelled jar air freshener. The shamrock inside hides it nicely even though the gel is dark green.

IMG_5487

Another tabletop. Looking through my shamrock plant (4 years alive…woohoo…a major accomplishment for me!).

IMG_5492

Wall shelf.

IMG_5489

Throwing in some pretty brass candlesticks and my thrifted gold bird candleholders.

So, as you can see, I really did use the everyday things in my home for my St. Patrick’s Decorating this year. That one package of foam shamrocks just added the right amount to say “Happy St. Patrick’s Day!”

Oh The Shamrock
-
Through Erin's Isle,
To sport awhile,
As Love and Valor wander'd
With Wit, the sprite,
Whose quiver bright
A thousand arrows squander'd.
Where'er they pass,
A triple grass
Shoots up, with dew-drops streaming,
As softly green
As emeralds seen
Through purest crystal gleaming.
Oh the Shamrock, the green immortal Shamrock!
Chosen leaf
Of Bard and Chief,
Old Erin's native Shamrock!

By: Thomas Moore

This year St. Paddy’s Day is being keep simple and inexpensive! Getting BTB and being grateful and enjoying the items are already have!

thCATI3XMX

But, that isn’t to say I haven’t created a thing or two with stuff I have on hand! That will be a different post! Smile

I’m joining:

Gratitude Sunday

You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Table Top Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. Very cheery! I'm afraid I daren't decorate for St. Paddy's Day, my verrrry Scottish hubby would most certainly object.

    St. Andrew's Day? That's a completely different story, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your shamrocks. We are decorated too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, since I am half Irish, I MUST do something for St Patrick's Day; I only have a few things out too. What I love best about this holiday, is the big batch of Irish Stew I make every year. Oh, I make it other times, but there is something special about it on the 17th.

    Love your beautiful shamrock plant! I have never tried to grow one; a girl at work has one and they look far too delicate for my non-green thumb ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are getting your green on!

    I do not like that the two holidays are so close! I will be taking dwn the shamrocks to put out the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No decorating here ~ I feel horrible! Your touches of green & white and the shamrocks are perfect. I know you'll come up with something else awesome soon!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've shown us some fun ways to decorate on a small budget! How sweet! I don't usually do much for this holiday but maybe this year this will change! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu are always so clever and so creative. I love it. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the touches of green and the shamrocks! I learn so much from you about how just a touch here and there can make such a difference!! Thank you for joining Gratitude Sunday! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)