Monday, February 18, 2013

Sunshine Tea

Hi friends!

Well, the sun was shining today so, I thought it is time for a yellow sunshiny tea!

IMG_5438

IMG_5448

I must first thank the sweet and kind Miss Kitty (at Kitty’s Kozy Kitchen) for sending me a couple of packets of this yummy Eggnogg’n tea! What a tasty little treat! Thank you so much Kitty!

IMG_5446

IMG_5447

Today’s pretty teacup set was a gift from Troy at Christmas. The yellow roses are just so lovely and I have never seen this pattern before. It has no markings on it so, I am clueless who made it or the pattern name.

IMG_5450

IMG_5443

I found this creamy yellow vintage teapot at a flea market years ago. It doesn’t have a makers name on it either. I really liked the soft color and swirly design.

IMG_5440

IMG_5442

I am using an old white lace shawl as a table covering today.

Tea with an Actress

To an actor, every part of the performance matters; the stage set, the costume, the gestures, and the script. So it is at the tea table; The actress plays the leading role in the ceremony, and the props are all important. A lacy tablecloth would cover her table, with a vase of colorful flowers helping to set the scene, plus tempting little cakes of vivid hue and, most important of all, an ostentatious teapot for the central performance – that of the lady of the house dispensing tea and bonhomie. The teapot would be the star of the show. Like the actress, it is designed to be seen and admired.

IMG_5445

IMG_5451

IMG_5449

“ I am a hardened and shameless tea-drinker…..whose kettle has scarcely time to cool” Samuel Johnson 1709-1784

IMG_5452

IMG_5444

Thank you for stopping by and joining me in a tea to celebrate the sunshine streaming in!

I will be joining:

Table Top Tuesday

Tea Time Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

22 comments:

  1. Hi Diann,
    I am enamoured by your rose teacup! My, she's a pretty thing! Troy is very good at choosing teacups for you, isn't he! The teapot is super cute too. I like the shawl used as a table topper.
    We have a snow storm in our area today so your sunshine tea is a welcome sight! Thank you for sharing and coming to tea, my friend.

    Blessings and hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoyed some eggnoggin tea this winter - loved the nutmeg in it! Your sunny yellow is such a treat for the eye this time of year. Hope you can stop by my enchanted oven!
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yellow rose teacup is gorgeous! Love your teapot as well, Diann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the the yellow rose teacup! The egg noggin tea sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sunny bright tea for today! I love the teapot and the cup of course (Troy is the best at picking up things for you). Hoping you had a great day!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table you've set, Diann. Your sweetie sure knows how to pick a pretty teacup! I'm glad you like the tea. I'm still enjoying it. Your lacy shawl is the perfect backdrop for all the stars at your sunlit table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Diann
    I have seen the Eggnogg'n tea on a few posts, it must be good! The teacup with yellow roses is pretty and goes well with the unique teapot you found. I like the idea of a sunshine tea; of course I'm into themes anyway. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diann! Oh, what a pretty setting and that tea cup is just beautiful covered with all of the golden roses. That tea sounds pretty good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so much sweet and jolly colours... I love the yellow glow over everything, so very sweet!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. The teacup is so sunshiny pretty and I'm in love with the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your yellow teacup, don't think I've seen one before either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diann,
    What a bright and cheerful tablescape! LOVE that sweet tea pot along with that darling yellow tea pot!!
    This brings upon dreams of Spring!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diann, what a beautiful cup, I ove the dsign and the colors.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful yellow rose teacup & teapot! Your sunshine post is lovely! Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. That teacup is a beauty. It looks very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diann, this is such apretty tea setting. I am really loving that tea pot - so unique and pretty. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diann,
    Your teapot is certainly a ray of sunshine. Your teacup of roses is beautiful as well. Thank you for the tea.
    Linda
    Reuzeit Emporium Blog
    Reuzeit Emporium

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eggnog tea,,,YUMMM! Oh, your yellow rose teacup is wonderful....so glad the sun is shining!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely tea setting! The teapot is probably Hall. You can google vintage Hall teapots to see what you come up with. But it doesn't really matter; it is just pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love your teacup! It is beautiful! I love it all. Your tea looks very inviting. Wish I could share a cup with you! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it. Such a pretty setting for a little relaxing tea. Love the gorgeous teacup and saucer. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty...bright and cheerful! The tea is delicious, isn't it? I love your teacup. I am pretty sure that your teapot is a Hall's, and very collectible. I think they were the only one that made a hook closer like that. They stamped their info on the bottom, but it was probably worn off. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)