Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #94

happythumb

Hi friends!

Wow, today is the last day of January! That month just flew by! I have been a little MIA for the last few days. I didn’t even visit all of you from last week’s party. I apologize for that. I decided a complete break from all things internet/computer was needed. I didn’t even check email through my phone! I just walked away from the whole computer world and spent a few days with just my mom having some fun and silly mother/daughter time.

The two of us had a blast just shopping at stores that we don’t frequent all the time. One of the stores we went to was a large craft store called “Crafts 2000”.

2013-01-29 12.55.58

One of the things I love to look at is the new displays they have made. It is a fun way to get new ideas. You will know it is me at one of these stores because I am the one with my cell phone out snapping pictures. And I take a lot of pictures to show how it was made so I can try and duplicate it later. I don’t just take a picture of the finished item, I get up close and take pictures of how it was constructed. LOL

After I checked out the store I hit the big Christmas clearance aisle. I wasn’t interested in anything at this time that I could buy and put back for next year. I was looking for things that could be used throughout the year.

These two were my big purchase from this store.

IMG_5294

A couple of cute candle holders.

IMG_5295

Little birds sitting on a stump.

IMG_5296

Painted a shimmery gold.

IMG_5297

I just thought they were fun and not a Christmas only kind of item. Each of them were marked down to .89 cents. I thought that was a decent deal so they came home with me. Wow, I actually purchased a home d├ęcor item brand new from a retail store. Yes, I am still in shock! LOL

Now it is time to share your last January 2013 thrifty post!

15 comments:

  1. You got a great deal! I have several things around my home that were meant to be Christmas items. Sounds like you had a nice time with your Mother. I have not had any thing to join in with in some time, but do this week. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the paint, the pieces look lovely! What a fabulous store..wish I had something like that in neck of the woods. Have a great weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry...thank you for hosting sweet lady!
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those candleholders! They would also look pretty with flowers in them!

    Thank you for hosting!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting:) Spending time with our mom's is so much better than blogging.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful and much needed break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diann,
    I never heard of this store but I love your purchases!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little bird candle holders are ADORABLE! What a fantastic find...too bad they didn't have more! Thank you so much for sharing; can't wait to see what you do with them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The candleholders were a bargain! Thanks for the great party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We went to a Crafts 2000 store in WV years ago! It was amazing! I still have some of the lace I bought there! What great deals! I love what you found!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those candle holders are so sweet. With a name like Crafts 2000, it's gotta be great! What an amazing deal. Thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Diann! Love those bird candle holders! I have never heard of Crafts 2000 before. So great you could spend time with your mom! Thank you so much for hosting another great party! I love to share my finds with you all...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to take a computer break, sometimes we need that. Love your birdie candle holders, beautiful! Thanks for hostessing the party.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diann! A couple little birds told me you are a thrifty shopper! LOL! I love your new candle holders. Those birds are sweet!

    Enjoy your special times with your mom!

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diann,
    I am a little late, but wanted to join in on the fun. The birds are so cute and could be used year round. How does it feel to buy new? lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)