Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #92

Hi Friends!

happythumb

It was tucked way off the main road. Very little signage. It was a old warehouse, dark, cold, dirty and unorganized. A new flea market had popped up! Right up my alley. Old jeans, old shirt, comfy sneakers, no makeup, hair in a ponytail and a purse filled with wet wipes…..I was prepared!

This was definitely a down and dirty thrift picking adventure!

As I walked in and let my eyes adjust to the darkness of the old warehouse, I saw right away that this was going to be a haggling experience. A few vendors were organized with things priced but, the majority were not. Most had stuff stacked and crammed here and there and just tons of boxes filled with stuff scattered everywhere.

Hi ho, hi ho to do some picking I go!

In the first 15 minutes I found several things I was interested in. Unfortunately, the vendors were not there so, I couldn’t find out any prices or do any purchasing from them. This flea market is one that each individual seller has to be there to make the sale. So, I continued on.

I spotted a booth in the back corner with a big sign stating everything was 50% off. That sounded promising. Of course, I start thinking to myself that is probably because all her prices are too high to start out with. Always the skeptic. LOL

After some rummaging around and finding a few things I was interested in but, still at 50% off wasn’t the price point I wanted, I found this little silver beauty.

IMG_5131

My first silver find for the new year.

IMG_5132

Yup, she needs some serious polishing and some TLC.

IMG_5133

This was actually a more expensive buy for me. I paid $3.00 for this little silver tray. But, I think she was worth it. I can’t wait to polish her up and see her shine!

How about you? What thriftiness do you have to share?

I'm joining: Feathered Nest Friday Home Sweet Home

22 comments:

  1. Diann,
    Love that piece!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diann, your tray is beautiful! I love finding silver pieces that I can restore! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silver tray - fantastic find - I hope you have tons more this year! I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diann that is a very pretty tray and not bad for $3! Oh I love/hate places like that. Love the junk and hunt, hate when I find something but no one can sell it to you!!!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it was well worth the $3.00 for the silver tray. I love it with the little feet on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice tray you found. We're not lucky enough to have flea markets in our area during the winter. I can't wait for garage sales to start up again this Spring. I did make some Valentine decor out of some wood scraps though. Hope all is well with you. Thanks so very much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find! I loce silver trays and your reminding me I need to polish mine...actually all my silver needs polishing! I love to leave them sparkly. Thank you for hosting such fun party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. That silver tray is gorgeous. I am glad you splurged. Unusual shape, footed and with handles...nice! Thanks for the party!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful weekend! Oh I can't wait for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diann:

      First off I have never seen any spell their name as mine, Diann. Pretty cool.
      Love the silver piece there is just so much you can do with it. And I think $3 was a great deal.

      Delete
  10. I love a thrifty Friday! Thanks for the party.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little feet on that tray!
    Thanks for hosting, Diann!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tray. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your silver tray find, Diann! I found one {without feet or handles} about that size at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm on the hunt for two more to hang on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diann, what a find! This sounds like my kind of place. I love rumaging! But I would hate it if I found a treasure that I couldn't buy. Thanks for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a fun place to poke around. Cute little tray and great price! Thanks for hosting, Diann.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful little piece. And the price!!!! Sounds like you'll be visiting there a few times this year!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. I REALLY need to start blogging about my thrift store finds! I am an avid thrifter and just last week found my kitchen curtains and what a happy camper I am! I will blog it soon! So glad to find your blog and I'll be linking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh that is a beauty. I love silver. Have found several trays at our local thrift store. I have some displayed on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for hosting. What a great find! Silver napkin rings are my favourite to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great find! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am featuring this post today at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)