Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finding the Missing Pieces

Hi friends!

When I find pretty thrift dishes, it is rare to find a complete set. But, if I really like the pattern, I still buy what I can of them in hopes of finding more in the future.

A couple of years ago I found these beautiful sunshiny yellow daisy dishes. They are made by Harkenware and I really loved them. They just made me smile!

I did a tablescape with them and another fun dish set find.

pinkandyellowtable033_thumb_thumb[3]

pinkandyellowtable018_thumb_thumb[3]

pinkandyellowtable037_thumb_thumb[3]

pinkandyellowtable044_thumb_thumb[3]

As you can see I had settings of the salad plates, dessert plates and other accessories in this pattern but, I didn’t have the dinner plates. Well guess what? That’s right! I found a set of four of the dinner plates! Woohoo!

 

IMG_5115

IMG_5113IMG_5114

I was just so excited to find these 4 dinner plates in wonderful condition. I found them at the indoor dark and dirty flea market I told you all about at TTF party a couple of weeks ago.

How silly is that something as minor as finding these plates can totally make my day! But, it did and every time I look at them I smile!

I’m joining:

Gratitude Sunday

Let’s Dish!

15 comments:

  1. Diann finding these would have totally made my day also. It's the little things that can sometimes just make our day! Thanks for joining Gratitude Sunday.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all lovely together and the pink hobnail goblets look so pretty against the yellow. Yeah for frugal.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small blessings like that really do make our day! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diann....So glad you found those daisy dishes. So cute! I'm like you-----the littlest things can make me happy. Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! I LOVE your combo of pink and yellow...it's the perfect girly, spring-y mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love all the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a happy table, Diann! The daisy dishes make me smile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table setting is so beautiful! I'm so glad that you were able to find the missing pieces!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was meant to be. I'm so glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diann, Such pretty dishes and a very spring like tablescape!! It is lovely!!
    Don't you just love the thrill of the hunt...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great! I bet you were excited! I know I would be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice! The pink and yellow together reminds me of my childhood- happy memories. Am a new follower and love your blog.
    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love dishes and your colors are so pretty. How fun to find such fun goodies.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just never know what you're going to find. So happy for you! Love the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love finding USA made items! These dishes are cheery and sweet! Love those daisy flowers smiling up at you at dinner time! Terrific find!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)