Sunday, December 23, 2012

Revisit Thrifty Christmas Tablescape

Hi everyone! Since I have not done a Christmas tablescape this year, I thought I would revisit one from last year that was a very thrifty table. I hope you enjoy it!

Okay, I am going to ‘fess up right away, this table was a very quick thrown together table. I had planned on a completely different table but, time slipped away. We returned from our trip Monday and ended up dealing with 3 different meeting with government offices, an annual dinner (a couple of hours away), preparing for a Christmas show this weekend, a meeting at the Princess’s school and an out patient surgery (Troy). That was my last 4 days! I still don’t even have our truck completely emptied from our trip yet.

I am surprisingly happy with the way the table turned out. It looks like Christmas and is fun. And of course, Thrifty!

I am starting with the thrifted poinsettia placemats I shared with you a couple of weeks ago. They were bought at a thrift store for .50 cents each.

tt6 002 Before we left for our trip, Troy and I stopped at the Detroit Salvation Army. I picked up several fun things. One of the things I got was this set of Christmas Tree dinner plates. They were marked 2/.99 cents. And they were purple sticker and it was purple sticker day. So, each of the plates ended up being .25 cents. Can’t beat $1.00 for a set of 4 Christmas plates!

tt6 003 Another .25 cent plate find was found at Kroger. They clearanced all their Fall dishes and I snagged 3 different sets of salad plate. I am using these mossy green ones. Granted, not a “Christmas green” but, it still works.

tt6 004  On top of the green salad plate I placed one of my everyday Johnson Bros white ironstone swirl saucers. They kind of mimic the swirl pattern in the dinner plate. I have had these saucers for years.

tt6 005 These pine tree wood napkin rings were just bought at the little shop I told you all about yesterday (TTF party post). It is a set of 6 for $3.00.

tt6 006 The clear acrylic flatware was bought at Meijer clearanced for $5.00 this past summer. These are just handy for all kinds of settings. And the napkins were clearanced a couple of years ago from Walmart. They came with 4 placemats as well. Each 8 piece set was marked down to $3.50. I had bought 4 sets, red, green, ivory and gold. I used our everyday glasses (Dollar Tree). The white coffee cups and saucers are also an everyday set. I bought them at a store I did a mystery shop at so, they were free (had to purchase and then be reimbursed).

The centerpiece is a super easy centerpiece. Nothing elaborate. The other day I stopped at the Dollar Tree and picked up these two sparkly red and green foil trees. I thought since the dinner plates were a Christmas tree design, Christmas trees for the centerpiece was appropriate.

And you can’t have Christmas trees without presents under it! I picked up the foil wrap at the D.T. as well and wrapped ……..

tt6 007Yup, jello and pudding boxes seem to be the right size!

tt6 008 The princess was very excited to watch me set the first Christmas table and asked if we could eat at it. So, this tablescape will be sit down and eat at table. I will just remove the fourth setting and push the simple centerpiece back to make room for food.

tt6 009 These Christmas tree plates will be rotated into my everyday dishes. I just removed the Fall dinnerware. Yes, I rotate out my new to us dishes all the time. I have to use my new treasures! LOL

tt6 010tt6 011tt6 012tt6 013   

5 comments:

  1. Diann,

    May God Be with and Bless You This Christmas.

    Those who follow His star are never lost.

    Merry Christmas!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Merry Christmas dear friend!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you Diann and Troy.

    I love the placemats - wish I could have a set. They are nice. Maybe I can find a pattern for next year. Thanks for sharing your holiday home with us.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)