Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolution

Hi Friends!

Happy New Year Everyone!

thCA2MFHSQ

Oh No! Not the dreaded New Years Resolution! Yes, the dreaded New Year Resolution. When I use the word “Resolution” I actually think of it in terms of focus or goals.

Last year my mantra was: ORGANIZE 2012!

organize

And I really did do a lot of reorganizing throughout the year.

This year my focus is……

thCATI3XMX

Yes, “Back to Basics” is my resolution (goal/focus) for 2013.

So, what does that mean exactly?

  • Reprioritizing
  • Letting go of the unnecessary
  • Creating more time
  • Enjoying what I have
  • Reevaluating
  • Simplify

Pretty basic concepts huh? Don’t worry, I will get into details about each of the above in future posts. I am a work in progress and each day will be an adventure!

Let’s see where “Back to Basics” takes me this year.

 

9 comments:

  1. Diann I think back to basics is an awesome goal. I did OK with my organization the first part of the year but it all fell apart I'm afraid. I really need to reduce 'stuff' and enjoy what I have more. I look forward to the journey of 'back to basics'
    Big Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exactly like what I am doing this year. Basic is definitely the key word. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your basic resolutions, I don't really set any but try to live my life each day pretty much following your list. We do have to appreciate what we have each moment. The priceless gifts of each day offer us so much and we miss it all if we don't take the time to look for it. I'm ever thankful for all the wonderful blessings in my life. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diann I can not think of a better goal! I have been trying all year to get back to the basics but my life keeps interfering. God Bless you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like we should all walk the walk with you. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Still praying for your family. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a winner to me! I honestly believe our entire country needs to do this...form a kinder, gentler nation. At least I can dream, right? :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diann...Your resolution sounds good and doable. The best to you. Hope this year holds GOOD things for you, Troy and for Lia, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jumping on the bandwagon with you all. I need to have things basic and minimal. Looking forward to working with all of you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your focus sounds similar to mine. I chose the word RENEW because I need a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)