Saturday, November 10, 2012

Apple Celebration!

Hi everyone!

We took the princess to a local apple orchard for a fun day out.

IMG_4581

It was a true Fall blustery day!

IMG_4577

Michigan is one of the nations top producers of apples. Unfortunately, this year was such a bad year for apples because all the trees bloomed early in the summer.

IMG_4578

IMG_4589

Getting some apple cider is a must!

IMG_4586

And a hot fresh donut is required. This young lady was happy to make some for us.

IMG_4587

Apple pies and pumpkin pies are all ready as well.

IMG_4588

For me, I wanted the fresh apple bread! although I love this bread with just butter, I discovered I really love it with our applemint jelly mixed with cream cheese and spread over a slice…YUMMO!

IMG_4592

Of course, apple butter is another yummy way to go!

IMG_4760

Let’s take a little break before we head out to visit the animals.

IMG_4762

I love how you can pick up a fun tray for only a dollar at The Christmas Tree Shops.

IMG_4768

How about some hot apple cider?

IMG_4771

Maybe a gooey caramel apple?

IMG_4773

Or maybe you would rather have a buttery apple tart?

IMG_4774

Or you can have both!

apple plates

I am using these pretty fruit plates today.

IMG_4767

As you can see, each of the designs in this set are reflected in the fruit pattern around the rim of the plate. I have really enjoyed this set. they are so pretty, vibrant and just fun! But, they are going to be leaving this home to find another one…SIGH.. As most of you already know, I am working on purging and letting go of some of my treasures. So, this set will be going up for sale.

IMG_4769

IMG_4775

IMG_4594

Let’s visit some critters.

IMG_4597

Apparently this gentleman is the host of the animal farm because he ran out to meet us.

IMG_4599

IMG_4601

IMG_4606

IMG_4602

IMG_4616

Thank you for dropping by and spending a bit of your day with me! I hope you enjoyed your visit.

I’m Joining:

Sunny Simple Sunday

Tea Time Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Table Top Tuesday

You're Gonna Love it Tuesday

Let’s Dish!

Share Your Cup Thursday

9 comments:

  1. What a fun trip, wish I lived close by, I'll have both the apple and the apple tart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diann,
    What a fun place to visit! Love all of the yummy apple goodness! Your fruit dishes are sweet. The cherry one is my favorite of course! I am thinking of doing a Christmas link party with a few other blogs. Wondering if you would be interested? I don't want to copy others so instead of doing specific things like mantels, trees, tablescapes, etc. I thought we'd do styles. I am calling it "Creating Christmas' blog hop. I am doing 'vintage Christmas'. If you joined you would be 'thrifty Christmas'. Please let me know if you are interested. Would love to have you join in!
    Hugs,
    Jann
    p.s. Thinking of the 2nd week in Dec. As soon as I get everyone I will get a button made to put on our blogs for advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like lots of fun! Are you going to sell on Etsy or just locally?

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of apples! I love the plates and all the apple baked goods look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! That is a fun thing to do! I love apples so I am always loving some cider or just a fresh crip apple to munch on! The donuts looked tasty too! Yum!

    Love your plates!

    Have a terrific Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take any of those apple treats......yummm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh so many apple lovelies!!! Im drooling my dear! I think Ive gained a pound just looking at these yummlies! And so many sweet animals, sounds like a good time!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the apple pictures. You must have had a great time. Love Apple Butter and Pumpkin Butter is great too.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mini tarts look delicious! Cute fruit plates...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)