Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday #82

Hi everyone!

happythumb

Before I go any further, let me apologize for not visiting everyone last week. this has been a crazy week for us. We have a huge 4 day weekend coming up starting tomorrow just packed with markets, craft shows and a few other things. Troy and I are going to be doing seperate shows this weekend so we have had to double up on our product and we are introducing a few new items. Once this weekend is over, I plan to catch up with everyone.

I am sure that a lot of you are like me, we love to thrift decorating books. I am always scanning the shelves of books at the thrift stores or yard sales. I find some wonderful books that way.

Once in awhile you spot one and it just intrigues you. And that was this book.

IMG_4617

Yup, you read that right. A big glossy book of Elton John’s homes and gardens! Let’s look inside…..

IMG_4618

He “walks” the reader through his different homes and gardens.

IMG_4619

He talks about the different color schemes of each room.

IMG_4620

And where he has found is different treasures.

IMG_4621

Flowers play a huge part in his designing.

IMG_4622

IMG_4623

I love these kinds of books. Just enjoying them with a cup of tea. It’s a “cheap”  thrifty way to escape for a few hours. The book was .98 cents at a thrift store.

 

Don’t forget to enter the Purex giveaway!

3 Winners!

click the picture below to enter!

PX_5_00086_04_095324

Now I am excited to see what thriftiness you enjoyed this week!

15 comments:

  1. Diann, thanks so much for hosting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diann, thank you for hosting each and every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the pictures from the Elton John book, and what a great idea to look for decorating books while out thrifting. I'm going to try that, too! Thank you for hosting the party for us today, Diann.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos from the book and I'll bet his homes are gorgeous. Great find and what a great price! Thanks for sharing and hosting.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diann,
    Lovely book with wonderful photos!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you do well this weekend, Diann!
    The book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post..such a gorgeous book of enchanting photos..such treasures! I have missed visiting your realm..Hope all is shining bright!
    Wishing you a beautiful day!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love books like that to look at However never find them at any thrift store around here local

    Nice to join in today

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just posted my Flower Fantasy! Lol...but seriously, that looks like a wonderful book, I'll be looking for a copy. Thanks for hosting the party! Hope you drop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspirational book Diann! Have a great weekend and thanks so much for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding books I like on the thrift and that's hard for me cause I'm not much of a reader. I did pick up a pretty great Christmas one recently though! Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree, books like that are fabulous and provide great decor ideas! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the book you shared. Great price too. Thank you for hosting Diann.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diann, the photos were so good I thought they were posts until I re-read your post. Thanks for hosting and sharing such a great thrifted find.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book would have intrigued me too! Very cool find. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)