Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quick Hanging Tip

Hi everyone!

Happy Sunday to you all! I hope you are having a wonderful and blessed day!

Now this tip is probably known and used by most of you but, for the slight chance of someone not knowing about it, I thought I would do a quick post about saving your walls from a ton of nail holes.

I remember when I first learned this trick I had a “Now why didn’t I think of that!” moment.

Flip the item you plan on hanging on the wall over to see the holes. Take a piece of either masking tape of painters tape and stretch it across the back covering the holes for the nails.

IMG_4544

Take the nail or a pencil or whatever you want and poke a hole through the tape at the spots where the nail will need to be.

IMG_4545

Now remove the tape and put it directly on the spot where you want to hang your item. Use a little level on the tape to make sure you are even.

IMG_4546

Now hammer in your nails at the holes you created on the tape.

IMG_4547

Can you tell by my nail that I reuse nails? LOL Now simply remove the tape from the wall leaving the nails in their proper place. 

IMG_4548

Just hang up your item! Easy Peasy and no extra nail holes in the wall!

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for the new Purex plus Oxi Laundry Detergent!

There will be 3 winners!

Just click the picture below to enter!

PX_5_00086_04_095324

5 comments:

  1. Dian,

    One thing I have learned is to also measure the distance from the top of the frame to the hangy-thingies. Sometimes they are not level and you have to adjust accordingly. The tape also helps control the mess if you have to drill into plaster!
    Hoping you are well...

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Diann. I like to fill a wall so I better not make too many errors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I'll send this one over to hubby! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know I've never seen this tip?? Great idea!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)