Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Quick Halloween Treat

Hi everyone!

Last night we had our church Halloween party and “Trunk or Treat”. Lots of fun.

I wanted to make something quick and silly to take (this has been a super busy week for us). So, I decided on “eyeball donuts”.

What do you need?

  • mini powdered donuts
  • M & M’s
  • red piping gel

Unfortunately I could not find red piping gel and had to use red icing. This doesn’t work as well because it doesn’t cling to the powdered sugar. The Princess put the M&M’s in. Maybe I should have said that she did the piping! LOL

IMG_4680

As you can see above. These were definitely not my best eyeballs! How weird am I that I share my mistakes online? LOL

IMG_4682

I brought caramel kettle corn as well. Another mistake is using plastic wrap to cover the donuts in transporting them. Pulled the icing right off. Argh!

IMG_4685

Lots of fun was had by everyone! And lots of food!

IMG_4705

We also had a chili cook-off. YUM!

After everyone ate and the kids played games, it was time to head out to the parking lot to “trunk or treat”.

Just what we need, a lot bunch of candy prior to Halloween! Can anyone say sugar high!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Halloween is so much more fun with kids! Sweet sweet! Enjoy the week ahead...more candy coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your eyeballs are awesome, and a GREAT idea - quick and easy enough...thanks so much for always sharing your neat ideas and being real- it makes the rest of feel better about ourselves.

    Looks like you all did exactly what you intended- showed families a great safe and neighborly fun time - creating good memories! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is my kind of Halloween!! Love the sugar donuts eyeballs! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the donught idea! :D so cute and Im sure yummy!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everything Michele said. I think your eyeballs look great. I can bet you if I were to try it they would look a lot worse. Thanks for sharing. It looks like the kids had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun event! I like the eyeballs--nice and creepy. So nice to hear from you over at my blog, and glad you enjoyed my ribbon lampshade. I hope your craft shows went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)