Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday #73

Hi everyone!

happythumb

Oh, I have been loving this cooler weather. Even if it is hot during the day, the evenings are cooling down beautifully.

Since this summer has been so backwards with our usual August heat showing up in June and now cooler weather, it really has gotten me in the mood for Fall. I think a lot of us are feeling the same way.

Last week I stopped at a thrift store and found some fun Fall things. Two items were flower arrangements for Fall. Whoever donated these really stored them nicely because there is no dust or other undesirable additions to the arrangement which is so hard to find. I know all of you realize how expensive it is to put together arrangements. Faux flowers are so outrageous sometimes. Even if you go to the dollar stores and buy all of it there, to do a large arrangement still is going to add up pretty quickly.

So, when I spotted these pretty Fall baskets already made up and then checked out the price, I had to get them!

IMG_4048

IMG_4050

IMG_4056

IMG_4055

$2.49 and then take 25% off (Every Monday it is the managers special) = $1.86. I can’t even buy the basket for that price!

IMG_4058

IMG_4065

IMG_4061

IMG_4062

$1.99 minus the 25% = $1.49. Yup, I love these kinds of finds!

Let’s check out some fun thriftiness from last week!

happythumb_thumb[1]_thumb

The Thrifty Challenge

P8124228

Design Till It Shines

wmpins2

Upstairs Downstairs

I keep saying 1 005

Thank you ladies for sharing your beautiful thriftiness with us! I hope you will grab the “I was featured” button for your blog!

Okay, on with the party!




25 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I love this party. Those fall colors are getting me in the mood to decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely features. Thank you for hosting yet, one more great party at, Thrifty Things Friday. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diann, Love your fall arrangements. Great colors. Love your features.
    Thanks for hosting,

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great finds Diann! I love fall thrifty and otherwise, but definitely thrifty! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buy on the fall arrangement. You are ready for fall! Pretty tablescape!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find on the fall arrangements! I am amazed at the fabulous prices and the wonderful treasures you find for those prices. Love it!

    I am one of the few who hate to see fall come. Summer is my favorite season. Yep. Fall makes me a little sad as I know at that point that summer is as far away as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diann....Nice arrangements. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm getting ready to take down the pink, springy wreath from the front door. Not quite ready for leaves yet, though, so I'll wait a couple more weeks. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first time here; thank you for hosting!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fall arrangements! They are some nice ones and great prices! Thanks for hosting! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your Autumn arrangements are just so beautiful. What wonderful finds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That basket is darling! I love it!
    BLessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for featuring me and for hosting. I am so ready for the fall displays. Yours is so pretty! I'm following you on GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to be a Floral Designer. You got some bargain on those arrangements. I particularly like the first one. ENJOY. My house inside is all ready decorated for autumn. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness that WAS a bargain and they are absolutely gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful-what a centerpiece steal! Great features too, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for hosting! Great deals on your arrangements!

    ReplyDelete

  17. I don't think any thrift shops here have discount days?
    I'm all for it LOL
    I just can't stay out of thrift shops for I have found some wonderful items
    found a full figured mannequin this week $8.00 !!!!I have a formal to put on her .
    I will show it on a post soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diann, Thank you so much for featuring my post and for being a great hostess. Your fall baskets were really a find! Way to shop!
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  19. great finds and right on time im sure you'll put them to lovely use
    have a fabulous weekend
    thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  20. You sure scored a thrifty find, Diann - and I'm with you on loving the cooler weather. It's so nice to have the windows open again! Your fall arrangement is great!
    Lynn at Cottage and Creek
    http://www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The morning temps are cooler and I LOVE IT!!! Love your new fall arrangements! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great find, Diann! Still summer, so hide it till Sept 20! :)
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that floral arrangements is awesome and what a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes fall please come soon! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do love the cooler weather, but am SO sad to see summer go -- it was so hot that I feel as if we were cheated of good summer weather.
    We have a beach house, and only managed to get out there ONCE!
    So sad!
    Love the bargain, though -- my heart picks up a beat or two when I find that a local thrift or goodwill store is having a % off sale!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)