Monday, July 2, 2012

Mother Nature Comes to Tea!



Hi everyone!

Since this week we celebrate the Independence of our wonderful country, I decided that all my posts this week would reflect proudly our amazing colors, of red/white/blue.

I have wanted to share these two set of “trio” tea dishes with you for awhile now. I bought the two sets at an antique store in downtown Detroit. Since they are blue and white I added a few touches of red to our tea table today.

IMG_2974

IMG_2983

This is he first time I have found the lids intake in a set like this.

IMG_2971

I like the simple denim blue placemats. As you can see, they are used a lot here!

IMG_2975

These strawberry napkins have a pale blue background to them and I thought they would add a nice touch of red to the setting.

IMG_2976

I used one of my coffee carafes for iced tea instead of using it for a hot beverage. I use these on a regular basis as pitchers as well as a hot drink server.

IMG_2981

I had just made a pitcher of fresh Lemon Balm infused iced tea.

IMG_2982

IMG_2985

I thought a yummy fresh treat was a nice surprise to hide in the lidded teacups.

IMG_2989

Half way through taking pictures, it started to lightly rain. I thought, “no biggie, I just have a couple more pictures to take.” And then the winds came!

IMG_2990

So, I started racing around taking things into the house.

IMG_2991

Then the rains and wind became insane!

IMG_2999

Tablescaping can be dangerous! The wind had picked up a branch from our pine tree and it flew through the air and speared this glass. Didn’t even knock the glass over, just shattered it!

IMG_2998

My poor drenched placemats!

IMG_2997

The winds were going wild.

IMG_2995

The storm hit fierce and was over within 10 minutes!

IMG_3000

So, that was my tea with the uninvited guest, Mother Nature!


Check out my fun giveaway for the EBook "That Works For Me!". This book contains over 800 fun and simple useful tips submitted by bloggers. There is a catagory for everything! Enter to win your free copy HERE!

I’m joining:

Tea Time Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

What’s it Wednesday

Home Sweet Home

26 comments:

  1. Mother Nature is NOT a tidy guest. LOL Loved your tablescape. But tell me about that STAR sticking out of the ground. Is it a solar light? Where can i get one. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, that looks like quite a storm. So sorry about your beautiful tea, your tablescape was gorgeous. So sorry about your broken glass and everything all wet, but glad you are ok. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Diann,
    I love your pretty blue and white trio. It's a perfect teascape for July the 4th! The coffee carafe is cute too. What a shame Mother Nature invited herself at such an impromptu time! Pity she shattered your red goblet! I very seldom get photos outdoors here because we live in such a windy spot. Thank you for coming to tea and I wish you a very Happy July 4th holiday this week!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely patriotic colors. What a shame the weather didn't cooperate! But I am so glad you were able to get some photos first!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness. Mother Nature was not a nice quest! I love the trio in blue and white and the red glass was lovely. I like the idea of doing red white and blue this week! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diann,
    whow, that was a dramatic tablescape. I know how difficult it is to take photos during wind. But you had a real storm, coming so unexpectingly. So sorry about the damage of the wonderful goblet. What a luck, you got the wonderful trios and the carafe inside before the branch broke down. Thank you for sharing this exiting tea time.
    Take care, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I am glad you are okay. We had storms yesterday too. Love your blue and white china. Thank you for visiting me last week. I have grandkids here and am slowy catching up. hugs, olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure came up in a hurry! What a blustery storm! I'm sorry about your pretty glass. I hope everything else survived..including you! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tea table was looking nice for your 4th celebration until Mother Nature decided to crash your party. Too bad about the wine glass, hope you can replace it Diann. I think I would have run for cover, what a quick storm to brew and pass over.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry the weather dampened your lovely table. Your tea cup and goblet were beautiful

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those storms can come up quick and boy can they do damage to a tablescape! Sorry about your red glass! I loved the tea table before the rain hit!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Tablescape ! Looks like it became somewhat exciting when your unexpected guest dropped by . Love that you included it the post cause life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diann, Your table is pretty. You are so in very creative in your tablescaping. So sorry about your pretty goblet. Glad you didn't get injured. We had a storm come up suddenly also on Friday, and we lost a good sized section of a tree - will have to take the tree out. Your lemon balm infused iced tea sounds good! I really like (for iced tea) Lipton's orange and spice tea. I do have lemon balm, lemon verbena, spearmint, and chocolate mint in the garden - any of which I could use in my tea. I like seeing how you use your herbs, Diann.
    xo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! What a great post...it featured reality at the table!! Thank you for sharing...especially the rainbow. P.S. so sorry about you glass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so enjoying your lovely tea and fruit in those gorgeous cups and glasses,when I gasped to see the lovely red glass shatter. So sad and to think it never even fell over. Amazing photography from calm to calamity. Sure can't change mother nature. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You find adventure whether home or away! A very beautiful tablescape. Glad there was only one piece damaged by the uninvited guest. Now you have something to hunt for again - a new red glass.

    I hope the umbrella also was not badly damaged.

    Nice rainbow shot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an unexpected storm. Your tablescape was beautiful and the fruit in the cup was a nice surprise. So glad you were able to take your awesome photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one lady you can never trust...........Mother Nature! Sorry to see your beautiful red glass was damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved your little tablescape, even with Mother nature! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Diann, That was some freak storm. We had one similar on Sunday night. The table was so cute. I am glad you got the tea sets in before the storm but I hate the glass was broken.
    However, so glad you got the pic of the rainbow.
    Happy 4th, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, no.....sorry about the wind damage! Your napkins are so, so cute!!! I hope the weather is a bit better for you today. Enjoy the 4th!

    Thank-you for visiting my blog!
    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. All things considered, it made for an interesting post. Great job...Connie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, no, Diann! What a tragic ending to your lovely tea party! I'm glad those pretty tea trios were saved. I love the blue and white pattern, and the little lids really add to the charm! Thank you for your kind comments on my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh goodness...terrible timing =(
    everything looks so beautiful though, as does your whole blog.
    I'm your newest follower.
    Thanks for commenting on my Lemon Tartlets {that's how I found ya}.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH, my gosh...Mother Nature has just been wreaking complete havoc this week! I endured a wind incident, too, but came out (thankfully!) unscathed. I'm so sorry your beautiful glass got broken!!! Man...that umbrella was doing a 180, wasn't it?!??!!! Crazy!!! All things considered, it was a beautiful setting. I'm glad you were at least able to get a few really terrific photos to share!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your table looks wonderful. Shame Mother Nature helped break that glass....although in our house we need no help to break things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)