Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday #55

Hi everyone!

Is your wardrobe Spring/Summer ready? Not me! I was trying on shorts the other day while purging the closet and they did not fit! I have gone down a size since last summer.  A lot of shirts are still okay to wear but, shorts and capris, not so much.

Building up a seasonal wardrobe is not cheap! However, if you are a thrifter you can get lucky and find some great deals out there.

IMG_1757

I stopped at my favorite little independent thrift store a couple of days ago and was able to pick up some cute clothes.

IMG_1758

I got:

  • 4 pairs of capris
  • 3 pairs of shorts
  • 6 tops

Total spent: : $23.75

Not bad.

 

Let’s check out some fun party participants from last week!

Over at Sharing Shadymont, several fun thrift finds including this cute little shelf.

037

And Marty at A Stroll Thru Life showed us this gorgeous end table.

100_1521 copy

Ann at Sentimental Life told us a little story behind her planters. 

pink flowers 007

happythumb_thumb[1]_thumb

Thank you ladies for sharing such fun thriftiness with us!

Please remember to add a link back to The Thrifty Groove on the post you are linking up! I never feature that doesn’t show courtesy of having a link back to here.

Okay, on with the party!


I'm joining:
Treasure Hunt Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Spent many a year shopping in thrift stores for my children and I. LOOKS like you got some bargains. ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Bargains! Isn't it wonderful to know we RECYCLE so well...
    Have a wonderful weeks end,
    Thank you for hosting,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, wish I could say that I went down a size. I have been wearing the same size of capris for over 5 years I have no desire to be a skinny minnie. Just would like to be one size smaller, but can't quite get there. You found some great buys on clothing. I never check out the clothes at thrift stores. Guess I need to. Thanks for hosting!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. I would love it if you would stop by and be my friend, too. So glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice features today! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wish I could get down a size, I'm working on it . My clothes now ,don't squeeze me to death LOL

    you got great prices on your new clothes, A friend and I went shopping for her in Kentucky at a great resale and she gota summer wordrobe for $48., 4 pairs capri 6 tops and they were very nice like your

    thanks for having us over

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats to you! That's great! I bought a few things at the outlet, summer clothes wear out faster!
    Thanks for hosting Diann! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had an excellent thrifting adventure! Congrats on going down a size -- wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous that you are going DOWN a size while I seem to be going in the opposite direction. I need to change that. You know I shop thrift for clothes and looks like you found some great deals! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting! You got a great deal on some clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found some amazing deals! Congrats and thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good shopping for summer togs. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! This is my first time to visit and to link up. Thanks for hosting!!

    Happy Friday...:)

    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diann, I'm hoping I can find some great buys at the thrifts if I drop a size or two. I'm working on some serious weight loss and hope I'll need a whole new wardrobe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet of you to mention me! I needed that this week. I so look forward to seeing what treasures everyone has every Friday! thanks as always for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)