Monday, April 2, 2012

A Bit of Espresso

Hi everyone!

A day last week I decided to have some espresso instead of tea.

After the Princess went to school and Troy was off to put his volunteer hours in at her school, I decided to fix a small pot of espresso and worked on next month’s budget….YUCK!

IMG_1310

See, that is why I needed a little something stronger than tea today! LOL

IMG_1327

Last summer I got a set of four of these little espresso cups and saucers at a flea market for $1.25 (for all 4 sets).

IMG_1314

page

I do use the computer for some budgeting stuff but, I am basically old school. I still like a pen and paper to figure stuff out.

Are you the home manager of your house? Do you do a rough budget for the upcoming month?  Of course before I got this management gig, I managed a staff of about 46 employees. Now, as I sit around this staff budget meeting, I seem to be lacking staff! So, first thing on the list…GET A STAFF!! Sarcastic smile

IMG_1309

Okay, enough of that.

IMG_1326

The table runner was a clearance find at TJ Maxx a few years ago. It was such a good price I bought 3 of them in different colors.

IMG_1312

The small teapot was also a thrift store find. I just loved the vibrant colors!

IMG_1330

The hand painted pot from Mexico was marked $1.99 and then I had a 20% off coupon!

page1

Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combos.

IMG_1318

IMG_1323

IMG_1327

IMG_1322

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

.
Pin It

page3

I’m joining:

Mosaic Monday

Blue Monday

Tea Time Tuesday

Table Top Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Return to Loveliness

Tablescape Thursday

17 comments:

  1. I love your mosaic this Monday morning! I hope you have a wonderful week! I'm having a slow start but I have a week to look forward to! Big hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue and gold together are just stunning. Love the forsythia blossoms at your tablescape too. Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is an awesome find! Love it!

    Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your mosiac! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blues and so affordable:)


    Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/04/tiered-ruffle-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pieces. They look delightful on your table. ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome score(s), Home Manager Lady!

    Beautifully done post - the colors are amazing.

    So...how was your expresso?

    That'd kill me, haha.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder why I am never that lucky when I go shopping?
    Maybe you can teach me some things about being thrifty as I follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful collection!

    My Blue, hope you'd come and see. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blue with most any other color, but especially with white.

    Happy Easter!
    Happy Blue Monday, Diann!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty colors. I really like that runner! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the runner!!! Espresso cups are becoming very popular and that is an elegant pattern. Sure wish we had a TJMaxx closer than 60 miles away! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe someone in your family will read your post and volunteer for staff? :-) I like the colourful china.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love blue and yellow, too! Fun post. I need a staff, too, but my furbabies think they are all I need! :D :D Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Diann,
    What a cute teapot and the espresso cups are very cute too! Yellow and blue is such a wonderful colour combo! I've never shopped at a TJMaxx because we don't have one here. Maybe someday! Thanks for sharing with us and Happy Easter to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely wonderful happy colours and those little cups you got, what a deal. I always enjoy your post entries! Happy Easter season~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your colors look so good togehter. Very cheerful and pretty!
    *hugs*deb

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
    http://dragonflytreasure.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-memories-suite-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)