Monday, March 12, 2012

A Wee Bit of Golden Luck

Hi everyone!

Today I am showing another teacup Troy bought me. This one was a Christmas present.

Since St. Patrick’s Day is this week, a teapot and teacup of gold seemed appropriate! Maybe it will bring a little luck of the Irish!

IMG_1030

IMG_1033-tile

The teacup is a M. Knowles china piece.

IMG_1021

IMG_1023

page

I was so excited that I managed to keep my shamrock plant alive since last year! Inside plants, I seem to have a black thumb. Outside, I rock! LOL So, this was a major accomplishment to me!

IMG_1009

I had to share this fun Irish thrift find. This linen shows the recipe for Irish Coffee.

IMG_1009-tile

IMG_1027

IMG_1029

Little golden sugar crystals served with a gold spoon.

IMG_1032

IMG_1039

I used various shades of green and gold linens.

IMG_1038

Some Minty Green Tea seemed right for our tea today.

IMG_1044

Some fun and silly St. Patrick’s day fun. Stop by tomorrow and you will see this changed out to a little Easter!

page2

Thank you for stopping by and sharing a wee bit of the Irish with me today!

Don’t forget, my 3rd year blog Anniversary Giveaway ends Wednesday (3/14) and the next one starts up Thursday (3/15). Win a one year subscription to your chosen magazine!

3 yr. anniversary giveaway

Just click the picture above to read about it and enter!

I’m joining some fun parties!

table 1980leprechaun

The Fourth Annual St. Patrick’s Day Blog Crawl

Tea Time Tuesday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tuesday Cuppa Tea

Return to Loveliness

Living Well Wednesday
Tablescape Thursday

22 comments:

  1. Hi DIann,
    the tea towel and the green decoration is perfect. Anf the tea pot is a real treasure. Looks really very precious. Thank you for sharing.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your teacup. So pretty! And your glass jar centerpiece is perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I love your teacup, I LOVE your teapot!!! It's gorgeous! Everything is beautiful!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diann,
    I LOVE your pretty teapot and teacup! How lovely! I'm telling you, that Troy is a keeper, for sure! He sure knows how to please his lady!
    Your shamrocks look wonderful! I love all the green touches you have put into your tea today; very fun. Thank you for joining me and Happy St. Patricks Day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely teaset! I like the towel with the Irish Coffee recipe! Cute!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diann, This is a pretty tea. Your gold and white filigree teaset is so pretty! Like your pretty sugar too!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet St. Patrick's Day vignette! That tea towel with the Irish Coffee recipe makes me want to go whip up a nice, hot drink. Yum! And the little teacup is so sweet. That Troy, he's got good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous tea set. I'm sharing your St. Patrick's day vignette with my sister who loves to celebrate this special day with her Irish husband. We were just in Frankenmuth and I had to buy her some special ornaments for this upcoming holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your teacup and teapot are so elegant! Love all that gold trim....that is quite an accomplishment to keep alive a shamrock for an entire year! I just bought mine and it seems to wilt awfully quick. Will have to keep a watchful eye on mine. That linen towel with the Irish coffee recipe is so fun and original.. I've not seen one like that before...what a great find. Your tea table is just beautiful Diann! Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post to see! You have a beautiful Tea set and the 'gold' does make it into the perfect St. Patricks Day Tea. Thank you for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely golden china! Hubby sure does get you nice pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tea setting is very pretty Diann! Fun recipe for the Irish Coffee to, love pouring the cream over the spoon so it stays on top:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tea party setting, Diann. That tea cup is is so dainty looking, I would be afraid to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pretty china is perfect for a touch of gold on St. Patty's Day! I collect linen tea towels but I do not have one with a recipe for Irish coffee! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. It took more than luck to create this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane, I always love gold trim, and your tea cup with cream and gold is so very pretty! And, you have the tea pot too? Fabulous! Together they are stunning!
    Lucky girl : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for showing your greens! You know it is bad luck to show Easter before the great saint's day is over don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Diane,
    This is my first visit to your blog and sure enjoyed your lovely St. Patrick's
    Day theme. What a lovely teacup and saucer, very pretty, and vignette was
    beautiful. Very nice!

    Irish Blessings to you,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful tea setting! I love your cup and teapot! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that your husband gives you teacups and saucers...very romantic! Your St. Patrick's Day tablescape is completely charming. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful St. Patrick's Day theme!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)