Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Fun and Quick Topiary Redo and Request

Hi Everyone!

I found this simple little topiary at a thrift store recently. It was $1.49. I thought it was a nice size (about a foot tall).

IMG_0698

As you well know, thrifty is a key word around here. Since we are not in Farmer Market season yet, our income is pretty limited. So, any fun things I want to do must take very little money.

Besides the topiary, I spent $2.00 at the dollar store. I bought a bunch of small white flowers and a package of glittery green leprechaun hat picks. I had the paint and ribbon.

IMG_0757

The first thing I wanted to do is paint the terra cotta pot. I used Better Homes and Gardens Eggshell.

I like the texture that was on the pot and showed through with the white paint.

Next I just tore off the little white flowers and tucked them around into the greenery. I did not glue them in because I may want to change this little topiary out some other time. And of course, a small glittery leprechaun hat for a little fun and silliness.

IMG_0773

Then I tied the ribbon around the pot and made a little bow.  I didn’t want to glue it onto the pot. Like I said earlier, I may want to use this topiary again for a different holiday. I do a lot of this “temporary” kind of decorating. I just don’t have any desire to buy another topiary or store more. I have limited storage space. I would rather have just this one medium topiary and change it up from time to time.

IMG_0774

Very easy. Very fast. Very thrifty. Yup, that’s a Diann project! LOL

I have a huge favor to ask of you.

Monday morning, Troy and I will be in court regarding the Princess. We are about to embark on a huge battle, and it will be ugly. This is just a very quick summary of the situation:

At 7 weeks old, the princess came into our lives . At age 3 months, her bio parents walked out of her life and abandoned her with us. They moved 1700 miles away, got divorced, each has remarried and they do not speak to each other what so ever. They have not been part of the Princess’s life since. There has been no support, visitation or even a birthday card sent to her from either one of them. That was 4 years ago. We have been in and out of court fighting for her and have full custody of her. We have had that for almost 2 years now. Still no support, visitation or anything from her bio’s. Now we are about to start legal action that will lead us into the next phase, adoption. There are many steps to be taken. We know it is going to be a long and huge battle. It is going to be mentally, emotionally and financially draining. But, we will do anything it takes to ensure the Princess’s happiness, safety and well being. She has become the light of our lives. She owns our hearts. We love her with everything we are. We are the only family she knows. This is her entire life. She is involved in all aspects of our lives. Although, in legal terms, we are her grandparents, to her, we are Mama and Papa. She knows no other mama or papa.

So, I am asking for prayers.

I pray everyday that God will guide the legal system. I pray that the Princess won’t be torn apart during this battle.  That she will maintain her happy go lucky outlook, her loving nature and silliness.

I pray daily that the Lord will guide Troy and I, give us the wisdom, strength and courage to fight for her. She is a blessing and so worth the fight!

You know that I generally keep my blog very lighthearted. I don’t ask for much. But, today I am asking, Please pray for us. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

I’m Joining:

Metamorphosis Monday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

21 comments:

  1. I will be saying many prayers for you, Troy and the Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little topiary turned out lovely!

    I will most certainly be keeping you and your family in my prayers during this time. God will take care of your little princess, blessings to you and yours!

    Have a great Sunday!
    Aledia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling project!!!

    Yes I will certainly be praying that God will give wisdom and open hearts to those in the decision making process- wanting what is best for Princess-

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diann I am glad you put this out there for prayer! I believe in the power of prayer and I know I felt it during the time my brother was so ill and my blogging friends were praying. You know I love you guys and will continue to keep you in my prayers. Sending you strength and fortitude for the battle ahead! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sending prayers and good thoughts your way, Diann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diann, I love your very artful topiary. Well done and so much fun to make. good job.

    I am praying for the battle ahead to have a happy outcome. I will keep you in my prayers each day for as long as it takes. Your sweet Princess is a lucky little girl. I am sorry you have to face such a stressful fight because there is no doubt that you 'should' win this one. I am praying right now.
    Love, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how hard the struggle is you face. You and your family will be in my prayers. You are all blessed to have each other. Nothing should tear you apart. Good luck. Your St. Patrick's topiary is wonderful. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diann,
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers ! I can only imagine what a hard road you have had to take....

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will send good thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got my prayers...all of them!! I have friends that have gone through this also...Although it may drain you, it will be all worth it. God is holding your hand right now...Lean on Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy to pray for you. I adopted 2 kids myself and it was a 4 year long court battle and the scariest day of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diann, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I will pray that the courts grant you and Troy full custody of your Princess. Best wishes, Diann.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God bless you, Diann, as you and your hubby go to court regarding your little Princess. I will pray for you.

    Your little topiary is very cute! I am working on a couple little topiaries right now myself.
    I have signed up on your Linky Followers. Have a nice evening, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. sending prayers for your court appearance/decisions...May His Love completely cover you all as you approach this with His grace, showing His ways and love for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck, praying for you and your family. What amazing people you are to fight for your Princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please know that I'm sending you lots of prayers for your sweet princess. As a mother of an adopted daughter, I understand the emotional rollercoaster and the power of prayer is an amazing necessity. Extra hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way! You and Troy are the best and only Mama and Papa for Princess. You are a forever family, and no court can decide that for you. Here's to hoping the legal hurdles are as smooth and painless as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HUgs dear friend..wishing you all harmony and peace and all the support, comfort and positivity you need! Hugs and love
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  20. prayers to you. I am hoping that princess is with you always.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Diann
    Thanks for sharing your story. We will keep you and your family close to our hearts. May your dreams come true! Lots of love from a far away country.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)