Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thrifty Things Friday #35


Hi everyone!

For today’s Thrifty Things Friday party, I want to show you not only my fun thrift finds but, to introduce you to the little shop I bought them at. This is kind of a long post. Sorry about that.

While at the cabin we had been seeing signs for a big Christmas bazaar happening at a local high school the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We had been looking forward to it but, it closed so early that we didn’t get to go in and look around. However, we had seen signs for an antique and homemade items shop. After driving for a few miles out in the middle of nowhere, we found the shop.

Thanksgiving 2011 106This is looking back at the driveway to the road.

Thanksgiving 2011 104Some fun things around the shop.

Thanksgiving 2011 108-tile A little look inside.

Thanksgiving 2011 112-tile I really like using the old silver fork for the hanging  the spoon wind chime.

Thanksgiving 2011 114I loved this old wine box! I have a feeling I am going to keep thinking about it and wishing I would have bought it. I think it was $25.00. It was a really nice size.  

Thanksgiving 2011 123-tile The couple that own this shop which, is next to their home, find salvaged items to create new decorative things.  The gentleman goes to old factories and odd places like that and digs up all kinds of fun treasures like faucets spigots.  And he turns them into hanging racks.

I bought a bunch of vintage hankies here (working on a quilt top made of vintage hankies). They have quite a few and they were only $1.00 each.

He has also found lots of fun wood cone spool-like things at an old Mill. He cleans them up and refinishes them and adds some color thread. They are only $1.00 each. I bought several of them just for fun decoration in a bowl. He also has some that he has added a pin to the top and some red ribbon to hang. Also only $1.00.

 Thanksgiving 2011 126-tile I know, I couldn’t seem to take a decent picture all week! He also has this kind of wood doodads that look wonderful in a bowl or could be used as candleholders. Also only $1.00 each!

Thanksgiving 2011 139

Thanksgiving 2011 140 These were awesome as well. These are reclaimed old wood fence posts. He gets them on the lathe and cleans and shapes them and then finishes them off. You can put a candle inside. Each one is unique with the knotholes.

And they have a bunch of old burlap bags.

Thanksgiving 2011 145-tile All of these large sacks are $10.00 each.

He also has some small burlap bags that held shot. They are each $1.00.

Thanksgiving 2011 149He makes unusual lamps as well.

Thanksgiving 2011 142And they have all these wonderful old wood rolling pins. They are $10.00 a piece.  Thanksgiving 2011 144 Here is the name of this little shop.

Thanksgiving 2011 151East of Kansas is just a small shop with fun things. I love little family owned shops like this! And I try to support them as much as I can. The princess even used her own money to buy a Christmas ornament for her friend, grandma, her uncle and one for us.

I talk to the couple and asked if they have an online store but, they don’t. However, I have their phone number and email address for y’all in case you want to buy anything. They will gladly ship to you. I told them that I was going to do this post and they were happy to have me give out this information.

Thanksgiving 2011

Oops, I cut off the phone number : (989) 785-3918

The email address is: swampfox15@gmail.com 

These folks are very nice and kind and put up with a “I didn’t get a nap so, I am going to drive everyone around me insane” princess!

I know they do not have an unlimited supply of the things I have shown so, give them a call or drop them an email if you want to purchase anything and have it shipped to you! I’m thinking about getting more of these little $1.00 cones. They are just so perfect for a little rustic look and can be used all year long.

I am using mine for a bit of rustic Christmas decor. Using my grandma’s wood bowl, some fresh cut Rosemary (OMG, you would not believe how amazing it smells!) branches I just cut  and a couple of Dollar Tree Ribbon Candy ornaments. Very simple.

TTF36 002TTF36 003TTF36 004

I have a giveaway going. It is a special giveaway to send “Cheer” to our military families! I hope you enter and show your support!

cheerios_prizepackJust click the picture above to enter!

This Saturday is December’s monthly Thrifty Tablescape party! Come and join the fun!

1aaaaTT

Okay, on to the party!



 

I am joining:

Home Sweet Home

Vintage Inspired Friday

Feathered Nest Friday

Show and Tell Friday

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place for a browse - I love those old rolling pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazingly cool shop! I could spend hours in a place like that. And such clever items. I enjoyed your photos and inspiration. Thanks for hosting.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diann I love places like that. So fun to just look around and find treasures. I love those little spools and your arrangement is so cute. I may have to contact them about a few. Can you believe its finally December? hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding little places like this -- just goes to show that the artistic ability is not located only in sophisticated metropolitan areas. Imagination is alive and well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful shop, Diann! I am shopping the photos! lol Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun place to shop! Those wooden spool thingies are so neat...they look perfect with your holiday decor..I know that rosemary smells soooo good....I am still gonna have to get me some of that and I still want to try my hand at growing some other herbs too :) Thanks for sharing and hosting...hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart jumped when I saw the name of the shop, hoping it was actually in Kansas--my home. Loved the tour and it was my first time to your blog too. Hopped over from a link party, but unsure which one. Sorry. highpointcircle.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Love the tour of the little shop! Thanks for hosing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE places like that, in the middle of nowhere. Such treasure hides inside. Your arrangement with the rosemary, ribbon candy and cones is unique, festive and perfect for the holidays. I'm just crazy about it. GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got my curiosity up at Middle of Nowhere too. I wish I had places to look for bits and bobs from abandoned factories and dump sites.
    Like the others I would spend hours in this place.
    Thank you for GREAT pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting! What a great little shop you found there. Loving your Christmas decor! I'd love for you and your readers to join us at Cap Creations every Friday for our thrifty link up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling little shop!! I bet you could have spent all day in there. Great prices.
    Have a great weekend!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great place. Loved all the rolling pins. I didn't know there was another Atlanta. Learn something new everyday. Hugs, and thanks for hosting. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you arranged the spools! Very nice! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diann you are just an awesome lady! Always up to something good! I love the items you purchased and that shop is so cool. Thanks for all the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)