Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Wintery Tablescape

Hi everyone!

Today I have a tablescape for you that is wintery and icy. Different shades of blues, white and silver, tarnished to different degrees. The inspiration for this table came from the least expensive items on the table, these  Martha Stewart silver placemats with blue and white snowflakes. I bought these in November at a thrift store for .20 cents each. They still had the tags on them.

 

Wintery Table 1-11 036I added these gorgeous cobalt blue cut glass charger plates. I was so excited to find a pair of these at a thrift store for $1.00 each.

Wintery Table 1-11 035Seriously, I love these beautiful plates. I wish they had more of them when I got these two! They are just so perfect for so many settings.

 Wintery Table 1-11 034 Next up are these wonderful salad plates, clearanced at TJ Maxx last year.

Wintery Table 1-11 032Wintery Table 1-11 033 At the same time I bought the placemats, I bought two of these polar bear winter plates with matching mugs. They were .25 cents for each piece. They are made by Pfaltzgraff.

 

Wintery Table 1-11 031Isn’t this just the best and fun winter dishes?

Wintery Table 1-11 006 I added the winter stemware (.25 cents each at a thrift store) and the beautiful blue tumblers (I also have the matching stemware glasses. I got them clearanced at the Christmas Tree Shops). The pretty blue and white snowflake napkins were a Christmas Tree Shops purchase from last year at the after Christmas clearance for 75% off  at CTS ( set of 4).

Wintery Table 1-11 007 

Wintery Table 1-11 011

Wintery Table 1-11 010

I decided to just tie the flatware with some pretty silver ribbon.

Wintery Table 1-11 013 Wintery Table 1-11 001 I used an old tarnished silver dish filled with tumbled glass, they look like beautiful chunks of broken ice. I set on top of  a recent thrifted aluminum tray. I really love the design of this little tray. I added one of my vintage etched glass sorbet glasses with a silver votive inside.

Wintery Table 1-11 002 Wintery Table 1-11 003 Isn’t the stem on this sorbet glass just stunning? So pretty!!Wintery Table 1-11 004 Wintery Table 1-11 005 Love the way the cobalt glass reflects on the silver placemat.Wintery Table 1-11 008 Wintery Table 1-11 012 I used this pretty silver dish with some silver meshing inside to hold this cut glass wine bottle bucket and an old blue/green canning jar with a silver votive. I just bought this pretty glass wine bottle bucket last week at a thrift store for .80 cents. It has a nice silver handle.Wintery Table 1-11 017 Wintery Table 1-11 018 One of my all time favorite thrift finds (years ago) is this blue leaf glass dish. I added a very tarnished creamer and sugar with votive candles inside and filled the dish with more tumbled glass.

Wintery Table 1-11 020 Wintery Table 1-11 022 A couple of thrifted silver candle sticks and mercury glass votive holders round out the table.

Wintery Table 1-11 023 Wintery Table 1-11 016 Wintery Table 1-11 026 

Wintery Table 1-11 029Beautiful reflections. Wintery Table 1-11 030 And of course, I love my candlelight!

Glimmer and shimmer

Wintery Table 1-11 044Wintery Table 1-11 046  Wintery Table 1-11 048 Wintery Table 1-11 054 Wintery Table 1-11 056 Wintery Table 1-11 057 Well, I hope you enjoyed my Wintery Tablescape today. With the exception of the mercury glass votive holders (bought at Target last Christmas for .99 cents each) and my flatware, everything on this table was thrifted 2nd hand of at clearanced prices. It doesn’t have to cost a lot to create something beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! And please check out these fun blog parties!

Tablescape Thursday

Treasures and Trinkets Thursday

Thrifty Thursday

Seasonal Sundays

43 comments:

  1. Love it. So pretty with the blue, white and silver and the snowflake linens. Your snowmen plates are wonderful. Love all the sparkle and shine. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything is so beautiful. I've been looking for some of those blue glass dishes myself ;-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl this is one of my very favorite table scapes you've ever done! It's so crisp, and icy looking! :) I LOVE it! I absolutely adore the tumbled glass!
    Hey...I thought you were just going to move closer to me so we could organize...you can't just bring your craft stuff! lol (ok, you can, I'll take ya anyway I can get ya!) :)
    I do love to organize!

    Thanks for the well wishes, I'll be glad to get all better, this is getting old fast! :)
    Hugs
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great wintry tablescape. I love the dishes all put together.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diann, Your table is really lovely! I really like the polar bear plates, the blue charger plates and the silver - oh, the silver - how lovely and ornate!!! The colors of silver, blue and white are great together particularly in the winter time. Nicely done!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your winter tablescape. I love the combination of silver,blue and white. Awesome!!!!
    xo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! No detail is overlooked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diann this is one of my favorite tablescapes! I love the colors of blue and the sparkle. That tray with the design is so pretty!! You really put together a fabulous table! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you mixed the blues! I tried that in my kitchen and failed miserably!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous table Diann! The clear blue glass plate really adds so much to the table...the silver and tumbled glass do, too. I love the way you have tied the beautiful flatware into a little bundle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful job you did here...love those blue chargers and your flatware.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an amazing thrifter! I love the cobalt blue plates, even their pattern reminds me of iced over windows. What a find the blue polar bear plates and cups were. Everything put together just feels so wintery and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go with the calming blue color tablescape. Anyone would feel so cozy and comforted with these charming tablescape of yours. Glad to have ideas for the coming gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking!!! I'm in love with it!!! What a fun and beautiful tablescape!!! (and awesome thrifting!!) Such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty blue and white table!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the table ... bought my daughter the Pfaltzgraff for Christmas a few years ago and grand loves the polar bear! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO beautiful, Diann...I would feel very special at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely table! Thanks for your comment and enjoyed hearing about your 3-year old and her "tidyness" at straightening thing out for your. What a sweet helper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a beautiful setting. I love your "ice". Great job and very thrifty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I really love those blue plates, too. And the blue glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very pretty table. The most beautiful flatwares I even seen in TS world, so far.

    So simple but it hit the highest points, loving it!

    Happy TS,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty, Diann. I love the combination of blue with silver, and this is such a lovely winter tablescape.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blue being my favorite color of course I love your table! And you know what else I enjoy, is hearing people say how much they love their things. I do that all that time, and I wonder, am I wrong for stating out loud I love it? I think not!
    thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Diann...

    Ohhh my goodness, Girlfriend...you really outdid yourself on this gorgeous blue ice table! I think it's one of my favorites! The silver paired with all those different shades of blue...and then all the sparkling crystal...is just breathtaking!!! I love it! Girl, you always find the prettiest things and always at such great prices! I love the silver Martha Stewart placemats...with all the different colors of blue snow crystals...awesome! I have never seen any like them before...they are sooo pretty and quite unique! Ohhh...and I'm with you on those beautiful cobalt blue plates...they are sooo very pretty! But I must tell you...it was those darling polar bear plates and mugs that just stole my heart! The are adorable! I would have picked them up in a heartbeat! Diann, I just love all of the other details to this beautiful table...of course, you know how I love my silver and you have some really beautiful pieces displayed here! The aluminum tray is gorgeous! Love, love, LOVE all the varying shades of blue that you used in your glassware too! This table gets 10 stars from me, sweet friend! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! This is now one of my most favorite tablescapes...you did GOOD, Girlfriend!

    I'm so glad that you stopped by for a visit today! Thank you for your sweet note! I hope that all is well with you and your sweet family!

    Love ya,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the blue and silver together. Your table decorations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute and pretty at the same time! I love how you tied the silverware together. I have one of those blue dishes I use it as cake and dessert plate. They are wonderful! I love how icy and sparkly your setting is. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've effectively used your thrifted items to create a lovely tablescape. Thank you for sharing your wintery, sparkling design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your wintery tablescape! I like how you mixed the different shades of blue together for an icy and dramatic look. You certainly know how to find a bargain! Those Martha Stewart placemats are gorgeous and look perfect with the accessories you used!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovin' your pretty table Diann! Those cobalt plates are beautiful, I hope you find some more-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun wintery table you've carved for yourself thrifting! Love your polar bear plates & mugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful table! I love all the shades of blue, white and silver. So gorgeous!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  32. An enchanting setting to warm one's heart on these dreary cold winter days. Great that you have some wonderful stories to go with individual pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My Gosh Diann! This is beautiful. i can't believe that you found all of these wonderful coordinating table accessories at so many different places, and yet, you made them look like they belong together! Love the way you used the tumbled glass, and I LOVE those blue chargers. They are gorgeous! The polar bear plates are just cute as can be, and what a find on the MS place mats! Your hammered aluminum looks great on the table, and yes, the stem on that sherbet is gorgeous! I'm so glad I scrolled back to see this beautiful table. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh how pretty! I love how the blue chargers have a pattern that looks like snowflakes, but I have to say my favorite has to be the vintage silver plate. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So magical and icy and wonderous.And at amazing bargain prices.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so pretty and wintery. I LOVE the polar bear on the plate. I'm partial to polar bears and haven't seen them on plates before! You have many really lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Diann,
    What a pretty table. Those cobalt chargers are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Blue and white is so frosty and wintry. Your table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is beyond gorgeous. I have placed your site in my Favs. I was looking for blue tablescape ideas on a budget and voila' there you were. I'll be incorporating a bevy of your ideas into my own tablescape. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I guess that's true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)