Friday, November 12, 2010

A Small Change to a Candle Holder

Hi everyone!

I want to take a quick moment to thank all my Google Followers! I just hit over 500 followers! Wow! You guys are so awesome! Thank you!!

This past summer when we were on vacation, I stopped at a city yard sale. It was in a big field and everything had just been donated by all the folks of the city. All proceeds went to Christmas presents for the families that have been hit hard by the economy.

Unfortunately, I stopped when they were packing everything away. But, I did find this white candle holder. It was .50 cents.



I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this candle holder but, I had to be patient and search for the perfect pieces to go with it. And of course, it had to be thrifty!

Well, my patience paid off at a huge outdoor flea market. I showed you some of my dirty china pieces.



Tired of seeing this picture aren't you? LOL But, I had told you I had plans for the bulk of these treasures so, I wanted to show you what I have been doing with them.

Anyway, see the small miniature rose teacups and saucers stacked to the right? Well, those were what I had been searching for! This picture doesn't show everything that was in the box. Just the "tea" china pieces. I figured it out and each item that was in the box cost me .15 cents each.

I cleaned up the teacups and saucers and glued them together.



Then I glued the saucers set to the candle holder. Ta Da!




I am thinking of adding a couple of dangling crystals to it. So, that was my $1.10 (.50 cents for candle holder & .30 cents for each set of teacup and saucer) candle holder. Don't ya just love quick redos? I sure do! I think I am going to redo my dresser soon and add this piece to it. I like to change up pretty things from time to time.




I am joining:

A Few of My Favorite Things

Feature Yourself Fridays

Frugal Friday

Tickled Pink

Saturday Nite Special


24 comments:

  1. Wow I have never seen anything like that.. It looks great. Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diann that turned out so cute! I really like it. That is the kind of thing you could sell! You are really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a cute idea. It is fun to be able to change up things we get.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok girl, guess what? I have that exact SAME candle holder (I found it at Good Will). I tried using it with regular candles and it made the handle black from the smoke---poor design. But what you have done should solve the problemo!! However, I don't have any really tiny teacups. I wonder where I could find some? They look to be about the size of espresso cups?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pretty china and putting the teacups on the candlestand is genius. Love it. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really cute idea Diann-enjoy it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and a great idea!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and creative idea~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet and a wonderful idea!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cute idea for cups. I would love to hit upon a stack of teacups like this. I can never find any with flowers on them.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! I have that exact candle-holder and have loved using it for a lot of years! It came from Home Interior Gifts. I have used it plain w/candles, twisted silk flowers around and through it with clear votives, but never thought about tea cups and saucers! Love yours! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute redo. I love the small tea cups as candles..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really cute. I like the idea of adding crystals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thrifty and clever! You certainly have vision. Great idea for using the china cups and saucers. Have a great weekend. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh, how cute Ü I ♥ that stand. Great idea to use it to hold the cups Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clever of you, Diann. It turned out so pretty!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute, what a neat idea.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A small change, but a great idea! Don't you wish you could remember all of the fabulous ideas on the web! I just keep bookmarking!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diann, this turned out soooo pretty! I have a candle holder that I have been wanting to do this to, but I haven't gotten around to it. You've inspired me to get mine done. I think the tea cups you used are much prettier than the ones I was going to use. I may have to wait and search out some different cups. Congratulations on having 500 followers! I'm not surprised that a lot of people love coming to visit your blog. Thank you so much for linking this amazing transformation to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Girlfriend...

    Aren't you clever! Creative and clever!!! Girlfriend, I love your teacup candleholder...it's gorgeous! I don't know if I would have thought of that...but I love it! By the way...you found some great treasures! Oooh!!!

    A hearty Congratulations on your 500+ followers, my dear friend! What a sweet milestone!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your candle holder! The tea cup candles are perfect! And the addition of crystals would be icing on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so fantastic...it is one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)