Friday, November 19, 2010

A Little Hot Apple Cider Cocktail

So, you have been running around all day doing errands. The weather has been cold, windy and drizzling rain. You have also had your two year old with you and you swear she hasn't stopped talking for even one second since the moment she woke up.

Exhausted, you finally get home. Bring in all your purchases, put them all away. Do a few household chores and then start dinner. Dinner is done (why is it that it take an hour to prepare dinner. 15 minutes to eat. Another 45 minutes to clean up?). Clean up dinner mess and give your little princess a bath. Read a gazillion bedtime stories and finally she is asleep.

Now, you are still chilled from the day of running around and you are totally whupped. Finally some down time and even some down time with hubby! Amazing!

So, I made us a little hot cider with a little something extra!



4 cups of apple cider
3 shots of Armaretto
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp cinammon
1 Tablespoon of sugar


(Don't ya like my vintage bar set I found?)


Put all the above ingredients into a sauce pan except the the armaretto. Bring to a low boil. Add the armaretto and stir for a minute. Take off heat and enjoy.

One of my side trip errands was a quick stop to Cinnabon for an ooey gooey treat for later to split with Troy. A perfect match with the cider.




I poured the drink into one of my carafes and we enjoyed a quiet moment!



The almond flavor and apple cider work so yummy together! I didn't have any cinnamon sticks otherwise I would have probably added one to each cup for a stirrer.





I'm joining:

Foodie Friday
Tickled Pink
A Few of My Favorite Things
Weekend Cooking

20 comments:

  1. Oh yummy.Looks good....especially the drink.

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..scrumptious..yum!! What a fabulous scene of delights!!Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girlfriend...

    Bless your heart...you deserved a nice, quiet, sit-down time with hot cider!!! You know, Amaretto is my very favorite liquorer...I love almond flavor anything! I have never thought to add it to cider...sounds sooo good! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us...I will definitely be giving this a try! Ohhh...and you fixed such a pretty tray! That cinnabon looks divine! Bet you and Troy had a wonderful time!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a typical day with children. lol Aren't they fun!!! Your apple cider sounds just fabulous. I need to make some. A few minutes for a nice treat with DH is so special. So glad you got a few minutes together. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hot cider and your cocktail sounds delicious. The roll looks really good too. Sometimes you just have to give yourself a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely coming to your house! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diann, this looks so warming and so delicious! I do love your bar set and your carafe also. What a delightful treat. I'm going to be trying this recipe. Can't remember what I used to put Amereto in, but I don't think I have any right now. this will be so good during the holidays. Thank you for sharing the recipe and for joining Favorite Things. I hope you and your sweet family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a wonderful treat! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds and looks wonderful!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a day!! I love apple cider drinks! Warm and amaretto, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cider and cinnabon sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, boy does this sound good. I'm ready for one of those cocktails now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diann,
    I can just feel that special apple cider warming me up from the inside out!
    What a wonderful, sweet way to steal a moment with your hubby. So important.
    I remember when Chickie was 2. Oh my, she was a chatty little thing! Hasn't stopped yet, and she's 18.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have an extra gallon of apple cider leftover from my daughter's Halloween party. THIS is definitely how I'll be using it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great idea for the end of a cold and busy day! I will book mark this recipe and hopefully have lots of nice ends of cold and busy days very soon!

    http://leeswammes.wordpress.com
    Leeswammes (Judith)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love your vintage bar set! This recipe sounds perfect for a chilly nightcap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your bar set! But really what a perfect evening -- love the whole look of the cups, the dessert, the wonderful-sounding drink. So perfect for winter. I'll be stealing your idea when the weather turns.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am stopping by for something warm to drink. Is there any dessert left? Thanks for sharing. Sounds good and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love fall/winter cocktails. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a wonderful way to enjoy the evening! warm cider and a cinnabon....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)