Friday, January 29, 2010

"Beautiful Pink"




On Fridays a lovely lady named Claudia from Dipity Road invites us to share what we find beautiful. And on Saturday, the gracious hostess Beverly at How Sweet The Sound invites us to share our favorite pinks.

By now, most of you probably know I love dishes. I really love pretty dishes. I don't have to buy a complete set. I like to pick up "strays" . The one lonely forgotten dish from someone's set. Probably the last remaining piece from a set that might have been given as a gift or maybe someone saved up to buy this beautiful set of china. But, now, for whatever reason, a pretty little dish gets donated to a charity thrift store.

So, when I find one of these pretty little treasures, I take it home and make it sparkle again and use it proudly. Two such dishes are the following pieces of china that I picked up at a Salvation Army store in "The bad side of the tracks" in Detroit. It was the first time I have ever been to this store. We had to be downtown Detroit for a court case and on the way home stopped. Let me tell you, this was the neatest and most organized and cleanest Salvation Army Store I have ever been in! All of the merchandise was cleaned and neatly presented for display.

Here are the two beautiful china pieces that I got.

This first pretty little dish looks like it was either part of a gravy boat set or maybe a small soup tureen set. It is marked "Porcelaine L.R.I Limoges, France". The little pink and blue flowers are so delicate looking. It has a pretty edging to it. The price I paid, $1.49.





This platter has beautiful pink and purple flowers on it. It is a nice size. I can't make out the manufacturer. It was .99 cents.




Since I think these two dishes have such a pretty romantic look to them, I thought they should be displayed with a little touch of Valentine's day decorations.









Subscribe to The Thrifty Groove by Email

18 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! What wonderful finds, and they really are perfect for a valentine's display. Isn't it fun to find an unexpected treasure like this? Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. plates and strays as I call them are also my favorite things to look for when I go junkin. This plate is a true thing of beauty. The little heart wreaths are very pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Love the plates. They are very pretty and I like how you have utilized them for a Valentine display.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that large platter...what a wonderful find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink. I also love your new button. I will be adding it soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love Both of these!! You did goooood!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they are so pretty. Seems like my thrifts read blogs also and know how much we all love pink and roses. They price those little plates way to high for my pocketbook. I will just keep looking! So cute the little candles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect selection for FFB (beautiful!)

    Love your rose wreaths too!

    Thanks for participating with us.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. very sweet little strays, can't pass them by. I'm the same way and don't you love to walk into a nicely kept store like that. I am still suffering from going into 1 this weekend and immediately getting the sneezes. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these! I have a set of three, nonmatching but close and I adore them!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the plates. I've never been in a Salvation Army or Goodwill store. I've donated to them, but they want the donations taken to the back door. One of these days I'm walking around front. Happy Pink Day!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diann, love the plates, and you are right, were probably part of someones treasured set..s perfect for Valentine's...I have never been one to hang out in thrift stores...must start! I just always figured I had enough of my own stuff..lol
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diann,
    I love pretty dishes too; especially adorned with pinks or red transferware. Wonderful platter! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday to you. Have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pretty dishes too. I just scored on 4 gorgeous dinner plates with roses on them. Only $1 each. Fun! Your finds are beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink Saturday is such a fun time of the week for me in the wintertime. Michigan winters are not only cold, they are very gray and today is no exception to the rule.

    Thank you so much for sharing your blog this Pink Saturday and for making my day brighter and pinker and more fun!☺

    ♥Wishing you sunshine surrounded by those you love today, tomorrow and always♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them both,but ooo that platter is beautiful. I love all the pretty pinks you've shown with them. Happy Pinks and have a most wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The plates are just beautiful and I love the patterns. Paper flowers are the best!! Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Plate it is beautiful! The little Rose wreaths are beautiful too! What a fun Pink post! Thank you for sharing your Pinks!

    Have A Great Day!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Jennifer
    Livin' With Hoosiers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)