Monday, November 16, 2009

"Hidden Mint Cookies"

Okay, the baking season is upon us! So, I thought I would share a quick, YUMMY cookie recipe to add to your Christmas cookies. This also can be a pretty inexpensive cookie if you are couponing and matching up with sales.

The original recipe is a Paula Deen Recipe. I was out of town on our "Girls Shopping Trip" and Troy was watching the Food Network (like our TV ever leaves that channel! LOL) and he called me up and said he just watched Paula Deen make this delicious looking cookie and he was going to go get the stuff and make them! LOL



Food Network Picture



Cook Time:10 min
Level: Easy
Yield: 20 cookies

Ingredients
18-ounce roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, sliced 1/4-inch thin
14-ounce package chocolate mint wafers
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans, or enough to cover top of cookies

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Slightly grease a cookie sheet. Place slices of sugar cookies on sheet, about 2 to 3 inches apart. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Cover wafer with another slice of cookie dough. Brush dough with a beaten egg. Press nuts into top of dough. Bake for about 10 minutes.

Now for the "change-ups" that we did to this recipe.

First off this cookie spreads out pretty big and you end up with a big lump in the middle of a flatten cookie. I used my muffin pans and sprayed them really good with cooking spray and made the cookies in there. They came out perfectly round and a little thicker. I really liked this method and will do it again this year.

Also, I try a little "spin" on this and instead of the mint patties I smooshed a mini Mounds bar in the center. OH YUM!!

This is one of those "Get creative" kind of cookies. The "center" has many possibilities!!


Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway HERE!!


For more great recipes, check out these blogs!

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace

Tuesdays at the Table at All The Small Stuff

Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam





Subscribe to The Thrifty Groove by Email

5 comments:

  1. I love your idea of putting them in the muffin tin and changing up the candy bar center (I'm not a big mint fan). I'm going to try these.
    Have a great day.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this sounds scrumptious! WE love chocolate mint! I will have to try this with homemade cookie dough. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a neat idea with the muffin tin - I'll have to try this recipe! Sounds yummy, and variation possibilities? Very adaptable to many tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, that does sound yummy...and full of different possiblities!

    Thanks for sharing with TATT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!! YUM!!! these sound AWESOME!!!
    Geri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)