Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pink Saturday



Hi everyone! This is my Pink Saturday Post. Every Saturday Beverly at How Sweet The Sound invites us to share a little something pink. Thank you Beverly for being such a gracious hostess!

This week I just have a little bit of pink for you. I found these 2 bowls at a thrift store. Each were .50 cents and I couldn't resist. They were both made in Japan. These are actually the first little floral bowls that I have gotten that were made in Japan.





I see this bowl being use for mixed nuts/mints for after dinner. Or since it is just the two of us, I can see a side dish or dessert being served in it. Troy thinks it makes a very good M&M bowl.....just for him! LOL

I have several of these little bowls. All of them are different patterns. I think they make nice bowls for things like your tea bag or a "bone bowl" or even a little bowl with butter pats at each place setting.

Oh, and yes, I actually use all the pretty bowls and dishes I find. I don't own any dishware that is just for show. As a matter of fact, tonight after dinner, Troy fixed me a new herbal blend tea. I am the only one in the house that drinks tea so, I always use a REAL teacup and saucer. I change it up every night. Anyway, Troy prepared me a little tea tray with this little bowl to rest my spoon on and it had a couple of wedges of lemon on it.

Since we grow a lot of herbs that are used for teas, I am Troy's guinea pig. He knows that my "Evening Tea" is more than just drinking a cup of tea. It is the whole lost art of tea. This is one of my "wind down from the day" type of rituals. And teacups, saucers, teapots, creamer and sugar china, the whole shebang is just so pretty and I love pretty things! They make me smile and I can't think of a better way to start to end my day. :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Pink Saturday!



Subscribe to The Thrifty Groove by Email

22 comments:

  1. How Beautiful!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    love from Rini , the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bowls!
    Happy PS - Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two bowls are so cute! I am a sucker for thrifty finds too. I have been collecting tea cups lately that I find while thrift shopping, although I don't drink much tea. Mostly coffee for me. But your photos of the details are really nice. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dishes are lovely and meant to be seen, even if filled with M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bowls are wonderful. . .and I love it that you USE them. I think I would certainly enjoy M & M s from anyone of them!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty bowls, Diann! I think that M&M's are the perfect treat to grace that pink prettiness.

    Happy PS!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with roses. I use them all over the house. Soap dishes, paper clip holders on my desk, etc. I don't think you can ever have too many pretty little bowls.
    Have a wonderful pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty little bowls. I think I'm going to have to start hitting the thrift shops more. There seems to be so many hidden treasures there! Have a great Pink Saturday...: )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diann,
    Very pretty bowls! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday to you.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute bowls Diane! Happy Pink Saturday! Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have a sweetheart in Troy..he's a definate keeper. I love those sweet little bowls..they have such pretty patterns.Happy Pinks and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love these little bowls! They are amazing! I so enjoy having mismatched collections!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diann,
    Your little bowls are precious. I think a set table with mismatch dishes is very Shabby Chic. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Saturday.

    Smiles,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diann, those are just beautiful!! Cottage perfection! Thanks for visiting my blog. I bought my herb stakes at Joanne's Fabrics this past summer. If they have some left you'll probably get a great clearance price (not that they were expensive to begin with, but every little savings counts, right?). Have a great weekend... Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your china is lovely. I hopeyou are having a wonderful Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Diann; What beautiful set of dishes... love all the lovely colors.. how lucky for you to have found them... Your Troy sounds like a keeper,, how sweet of him to fix you tea... I am like you I love my tea in beautiful little tea cups and saucers, with my tea pots,, and such.... thank you for stopping by,, and have a wonderful Pink Saturday and weekend.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love little bowls and such, and continuing the teatime tradition is a wonderful way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pink Saturday, Diann.

    I use my pretty finds, too. And, these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy PiNk to you!

    Those bowls are really pretty. I love
    it when I find the vintage ones from Japan. :0)

    Thank so much for dropping by for a visit....May the pink bliss follow you through your week,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)