Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Brrr, it's cold! Better do the Laundry!




So, I woke up this morning and trekked downstairs to get the coffee brewing. Brrrrr! It was cold! I didn't realize that it was such a chilly morning. Upstairs, where our bedrooms are, it stays pretty warm. Of course, it stays pretty warm in the summer up there too. But, that is another story.

While the coffee was brewing, I ran back upstairs Well, okay, I NEVER run up the stairs but, ya know what I mean. I quickly put on a pair of flannel pants, socks and a thermal Henley shirt. Yes, I looked stunning! And the next thing I did, without even thinking about it, was gather all the dirty laundry to take back downstairs and get going. No, I am not some Housekeeping Diva, but, our laundry room is on the main floor right next to the kitchen. Instant warmth!

I didn't even think to turn on the furnace. LOL I am just so not ready to feed the DTE bill any more than I absolutely have to! It has been so nice not running the A/C so, I have no desire to turn on the furnace yet.

I confess, I am one of those people who it takes a really long time to get cold. My normal body temp is lower than normal to start out. Honest, I go to the Doctor's every 3 months. She checks my temperature and if I hit 98.6, I instantly know I am coming down with a something. And oddly enough, the Little Princess is the same way. So, I can take it being colder in our home than most people.

So, if I was cold when I went downstairs, I knew it REALLY was cold in the house. So, I started the laundry. I kept the laundry doors open. Within about 20 minutes, the bottom floor was warmed up enough that the chill was gone in the air.

Doing this is some thing I don't even think about any more. What about you? What do you do to help keep your utility bills down?


Join me and others for "Tightwad Tuesdays" at Being Frugal.



Subscribe to The Thrifty Groove by Email

4 comments:

  1. I always leave the door ajar after using the oven. And plan my baking day for the coldest day of the week.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Only it got to almost 80 here again today so the a/c is still on. But It will have to be below 40 for a long time to get me to turn on the heat. I just don't like it an di really don't get cold. My feet are a lot so I put on socks! And I'm sure you did look stunning this AM! hehe
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to hold out till the first of November. We pile on the afgans in the evening when we are sitting still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Very creative!That's actually really cool.
    謝謝你的文章分享,請你有空到我

    參觀,Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)