Sunday, September 20, 2009

"Blue and Thrifty Monday"


Blue Monday is hosted by the gracious Smiling Sally. To check out what our hostess is showing us today along with many others, head over to Smiling Sally's Blog and enjoy all the pretty "Blues" for this Monday!


And stop over to see the beautiful pictures Rhoda took while on vacation. Check them out here at, Southern Hospitality And don't forget to check out all the other Thrifty finds from other folks!

I have a couple of "odds and ends" to show you today. These first two I got at the Antique Mall I visited last week. I was fortunate to be there when the vendor was there. She was cleaning her cases and I was looking at her items. She was a little adorable older lady with a heavy accent. I am thinking it was Austrian. She wanted to add more things to her case and so she cut me some really good deals. The following two items were .50 cents each.


I normally don't buy these little eggs, but this one matches a couple of teacups I have and I thought it would be pretty to use it to hold sugar or Splenda packets when I use the teacups.


Just a small blue "grape" candy dish.


A set of four blue and white napkins. I got these at TJMaxx. They were regularly $4.99 but were clearanced to $3.00. I love them!

I hope you have a wonderful "Blue and Thrifty" Monday!


Subscribe to The Thrifty Groove by Email

20 comments:

  1. I love your blue grape bowl. I have a blue grape bottle...thinking maybe I should blog about it and link up. Thanks for the idea and please stop by and say hello. Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really got some nice things....I would use the little egg or sugar or Splenda too..how nice that it matches your cups. Oh, and I don't know if you realize it or not but the little grape dish is probably quite old...I have a set of them that came from my mother-in-law's aunt and uncle who set up housekeeping in probably 1918 or so...and she thought these dishes were from some of their first things. I have four of them and have used them for a variety of things since I got them. Enjoy!
    Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bargains. The egg cup is beautiful and perfect for your purpose!!
    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds - I love your new linen - new is the best sometimes !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see that egg cup used with the sugar substitute packets. The napkins would go with most any pretty tablescape, along with the dish. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finds. good job.
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finds..happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful treasurs. I love that egg that you are going to use to hold sugar. I have seen them at yard sales but I am not sure what they are for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eventhough you are not into it, good thing you bought the cracked porcelain egg! It's unusual and pretty too. What a great way to hold the sugar :-)

    Happy Blue Monday!

    Mizpah,
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are pretty items for such reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the "finds" from your shopping expedition. I think using the egg for sugar is a terrific idea. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got some really nice buys on your shopping outing. Most of the time, you do well if you are in the right place at the right time. You must have been, since the lady gave such good prices. Happy you dropped by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I really do love TJ Maxx. Sometimes you can hit that clearance aisle at just the right time!
    I wish I had taken one of those TP stickers to put in my scrapbook! For some reason I didn't think about it which is so unlike me. At least I have the picture!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your little grape candy dish. :) You have some very good bargains going on here. Thanks so much for the visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like those napkins. what wonderful finds for 50 cents.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice blue finds. I love that TJ Maxx store :( we don't have one up here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing when you stumble upon things of a like color or grouping? Fantastic finds! Love those napkins and the grape dish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what fun. I really am eying those great napkins! Happy blue to you...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a little grape dish just like yours! And I used it tonight...it had jam in it to go with popovers, a new recipe that I tried. (It was okay, but I won't do it again.)

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Diann :)