I believe that women for generations have been major multi-taskers. This is not a new concept. It is more a way of life. The reality is that there is always something that needs done around our home. I think women are actually born with a multitasking gene. It is like second nature to us.
In order to not let all the little things pile up, these are a few things I do while watching TV in the evening.
- Take a grocery bag into the living room and go through all the mail and immediately throw out stuff you don’t need.
- Write in calendar/day planner upcoming events, dates of bills to be paid and any other relevant date type things.
- Make out bills and any other correspondence
- Clean out phone email, pictures and text messages
- Make weekly menu plan
- Fold several loads of laundry
- Clean jewelry
- Mending. Yup, still sew on a button from time to time or sew up a small rip
- Go through magazines and purge. (donate to a senior living facility)
- Match up clean socks
- Cut out coupons and match up sales ads
- Paint toenails or fingernails…or both!
- Shred old un-needed papers
- Clean out your purse/wallet
- Give yourself a facial (mask)
- Update your address book
- Make your grocery list
- Remove your junk drawer and clean it out
- Clean shoes. Use a Mr.Clean eraser on scuff marks
- Do some ironing (I use a small tabletop ironing board)
- Detangle necklaces
- Write out blog outline and or ideas for future posts
- Write a “Love” letter to your spouse and tuck it somewhere he/she will find it the next day
- Polish up some silver pieces
- Cut up old worn out, stained clothes for rags
There are a lot of other things and this list is just the tip of the iceberg. The other night while watching TV I gathered the 3 coffee cans I have filled with cookie cutters and sorted them into “holiday theme” bags. It was one of those little things that I had been meaning to do and never had the time.
Here is another great list of things to do while watching TV. Kathi and I have a few of the same things but, she has a lot of great ideas that aren’t on my list!
There are evening when I only watch TV. But, my nature is to stay busy.
Oh, and my biggest internety thing I do at night is Pinterest! Seriously, I pin away on my phone late at night. I don’t have time to do it during the day because I found that I can quickly lose HOURS if I step into the world of Pinterest while at my laptop! Doing it on my phone seems to keep me from losing myself in Pinterest! LOL
You can find Kathi’s list along with a lot of other great organizing tips on my Pinterest board Thrifty Organizing
Following me at:
I hope you have a fun and thrifty week!
I’m joining Kathe & Kim for Your Gonna Love it Tuesday